Some Tips to Avoiding Scams
As the majority of our users are busy healthcare professionals, we hope that you will have a safe and productive experience on Clineeds. Here are some tips to protect yourself from scams.
The most important rule to prevent an online scam is to close deals locally, in a face-to-face manner.
- If the deal is not local, you can make a phone call or video chat prior to any in-person meeting. Know the people with whom you’ll be making a deal with
- Never lease or purchase anything without having seen the listing in person and speaking to the people with whom you will be making a deal.
- Do not make any financial commitments or payments prior to meeting someone in person. We do not endorse retainer fees and upfront commissions on our site.
- Never give out your social security number or financial information.
- Never wire funds to anyone.
- Do not accept certified and cashier checks or money orders as part of any transaction.
- Refuse any credit or background checks until you have met the other party in person.
Also keep your personal safety in mind when meeting someone for the first time. Here are a few suggestions:
- Meet in a public, high traffic, open location, like a medical office or busy clinic.
- Avoid meeting in a personal location, like your home.
- Bring your cell phone and take along an associate.
Always trust your intuition.
Who to report scams to?
Please contact us immediately at [email protected] if you suspect a posting may be linked to a scam.